Your brain is the control center for your entire body.
It not only controls everything you do, say, think and feel, but it is also in charge of your perception of the world around you and the way you respond to your world. It dictates how well you perform at tasks you set out to do, how successful you are at completion of your goals, and how clearly you are able to express yourself in the world.
Your brain function is at the very core of who you are.
You want your brain working it’s very best so you receive optimum results in everything you set out to do. The capacity to which your brain is able to assist you in achieving your goals is determined directly by you.
You are the one who can help it perform better each day through high quality nutrition, exercise and positive environmental influences. What you give your brain directly reflects in how well it responds to the world and how successful you are at achieving the goals you set out to complete.
Optimal brain function is also a key component of manifesting.
Creating and manifesting your life the way you desire is precisely what you are here to do, and your brain plays an integral role in that through assisting you in the decision making process and driving and motivating your choices and actions.
Optimal brain function should be at the top of your priority list.
There many things you can do each day to improve the way your brain functions. Here are just a few to get you started:
- Movement & Exercise – We all need time to rest, be still, and relax, but movement in some form should be a part of your daily routine as much as possible. Whether it’s a simple as going for a walk (getting outside in the fresh air is extremely helpful as well), taking a yoga class or that water aerobics class you’ve been thinking about trying, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that you find a way to incorporate movement and exercise into your lifestyle. You’ll be glad you did. I promise you, the boost you will give your brain through neurotransmitter function will be well worth it.
- Relaxation – You are human and not a robot. You are not meant to work all the time. You are meant to rest and rejuvenate yourself on a regular basis. This can be achieved by simply giving yourself more downtime to relax and enjoy yourself, even if it’s something as simple as watching your favorite movie or TV show. Ensuring you give yourself enough time throughout your day to relax, whether it’s in the evening or just your lunch break is essential to keeping your sanity in check and allowing your brain to function at a higher capacity because overall you will be calmer and more collected.
- Meditation – Meditation truly is one form of relaxation, but deserves it own discussion because there are so many positive effects for both the brain and body. From decreasing anxiety and depression to improving brain function and one’s ability to cope with stress, that’s truly just the beginning of the benefits of meditation. Here is an article that lists 76 benefits of meditation derived from the analysis of over 100 studies.
- Nutrition – Feeding your brain is just as important as feeding your body, and doing it with quality foods and nutrition is an integral part of that process. Consider reducing sugar and caffeine intake, adding more high quality water and nutrients in the form of vitamins and minerals. High quality fats, such as fish oil and coconut oil should also be a regular part of your diet.
- Sleep – Getting adequate and quality sleep is important. Interestingly, one of the benefits of meditation is reducing the need for sleep, and believe it or not, you can actually reduce any sleep debt you have through meditation, but still sleep is still a necessity in some capacity. Not staying up terribly late, sleeping in a dark room, and using music and sounds that benefit your brain to maximize its ability to work effectively while you sleep, which will also benefit you during waking hours.
- Music – There are lots of types of music you can listen to that will benefit your brain on the market today that including Brainwave Entrainment, Binaural Beats, and Isochronic Tones. Each has their own benefit and way of helping your brain function at a higher capacity but of the three kinds, I personally have seen the best results with Brainwave Entrainment. Here is a link to some AMAZING Brainwave Entrainment music I came across on YouTube by Alius Publishing that has helped me improve my focus, memory and attention very quickly.
- Positive Environment – Reducing stress in your environment is essential to healthy brain function. Whether that involves removing something stressful from your direct environment, removing yourself from a stressful environment, or bringing more peace to your environment through more quiet or adding calming music, crystals or scents, this should be one of the first places you consider modifying to bring more peace to your life, lower your stress levels, and as a result, improve your overall brain function.
These are some of the top ways to assist your brain at performing it’s best. Anything you can do to help your brain perform better will ultimately help you manifest better and achieve your desired goals, but the more you do, the more progress you will see in your life.
Share this Post